I’ve never known what to call these “Frequently Asked Questions” pages. Do you pronounce it like “fax” or “barbecue” (“eff-ay-cue“)? Whatever you call it, this is ours. But if you still have questions after reading this, don’t hesitate to drop us a line.
- How long do web design projects take?
- That depends on the project, on the budget (we charge extra for accelerated deadlines), and on how many projects we are currently working on when you sign your contract. But we will be able to tell you at the time you sign your contract approximately how long the project will take. Attached to your contract is a Rider that contains specific details about the project, including the time we estimate for each task involved in the project. This is by no means set in stone and depends on unquantifiable factors, but it is a good indicator of how long your project should take, give or take a day or two.
- What if I don’t have my domain yet?
- We urge you to obtain the domain of your choosing as soon as possible. All the really great domain names have already been snapped up and some are offered by domain speculators at outrageously high prices. We can help you decide on some key domain names to search for and help you register the domain of your choice. Handy tools to use in your domain search include JustDropped and InstantDomainSearch.
- What if I don’t have web hosting yet?
- Not to worry. We have partnered with AdriaHost so all you need do is contact them and they’ll get you all squared away. We use AdriaHost for all our web sites and our development server (we would never recommend a service we didn’t use ourselves). Just ask us when you contact us about web site design.
- Just how much will my web site cost?
- That’s a very hard question to answer without knowing exactly what you want your site to do, whether you already have design elements you want to use, if you want us to create a custom design for you, whether or not you need custom coding, a private member area, ecommerce, etc. All those features drive the price of the web site up. We can tell you that our WordPress and CMS Made Simple web sites, including custom design, start at $950 and generally range upward to around $2100 depending on the features required and the complexity of the design and other factors too numerous to quantify here. Just request a quote or fill out our interactivea Web Design Planner.
- How much money do you need to get started on my project?
- On projects under $500, we require full payment to start. On other projects, we require either one-half or one-third, depending on the size of the budget. Once you sign your contract, you will know exactly what your payment plan will be.
- How much input will I have in the design process?
- As much as you want! We use activeCollab project management system. Once you sign and return your contract and pay your deposit, you will be given login access to your project area. The system will notify you when there is something posted for your review or comment and you are free to login to the project area at any time of the day or night and make comments about the work in progress.
- Can I see my site before it goes online?
- Certainly. We develop on our own servers unless you request that we use yours and you will have access to the development site URL (and backend login access if applicable).
- What happens after my site goes live?
- You didn’t think you’d get rid of us that easily, did you? We offer all our web design clients 30 days of free technical support for the unaltered site (the site remains exactly as it was delivered to you). This includes minor tweaking of stylesheets and plugins and troubleshooting any existing issues. This does not, however, include installing new plugins or troubleshooting items that you may have added after the site hand-off.
- What information do you need to get started?
- We have several worksheets you can fill out to get the design process going, depending on whether you want web design or logo design. If you are contracting our services for logo design and web site design, we ask that you allow us to work on the logo first, obviously, since it will likely be a key element in the web site design as well.
Our Design Blog
Keep updated with web design related articles, reviews, rants and raves. Published weekly -- or more often if we get inspired!