Homeowners associations (HOAs) and civic clubs serve a narrow but important purpose. They inform their residents of rules and regulations of their community, but also act as more than that. They can be sounding boards for community issues, and a social gathering place, a virtual “back fence” as it were. We are showcasing ten beautiful HOA or civic club sites running on WordPress. Enjoy.
- Beverly Ridge HOA
- This is a beautiful, clean design. It has most all the information you’d want at first glance on the front page. But somehow it avoids looking cluttered. I especially like the way the current year’s officers and directors are listed on the front page of the site.
- Beau Chene HOA
- Thisis a very elegant and easy to navigate dsign, reflecting the elegance and exclusivity of Beau Chene. The primary navigation is at the top, convenient, and also at the bottom in the big footer area. Submenus along the side guide the visitor to relevant sections of the site. Web design by Helmet Studio.
- Canyon Creek HOA
- This site is also rich in good information for a Deer Creek resident and it’s nicely organized, with a navigation menu at the top and also at the bottom. The only misfire in this design that I can see is the color of the drop cap on the first page. I’d have made that color something like #333 or #111, but not purple, which isn’t picked up anywhere else in the site’s color palette.
- Forest Heights HOA
- This HOA site has some great features for residents, such as members-only content, which houses the newsletter archive, and relevant homeowner documents and forms. The site is using the Genesis framework and the Serenity child theme. Web design by Consistent Image Web Design.
- Houston Country Club Place CC
- This site hasn’t been updated since 2012, but I can tell you that it’s a great neighborhood. It’s catty-corner from my own neighborhood, Idylwood, also in Houston. The site was designed by PixlGeek
- Idylwood Civic Club
- Yeah, some shameless self-promotion. . We redesigned the site in 2007, and at that time based it on CMS Made Simple. But in 2013 we made the decision to port the site to WordPress and freshen the design and offer the residents more features.
- Milwaukee Avenue HOA
- Milwaukee Avenue in Seward, Minnesota, is an historically significant area and the site’s design evokes a feeling of heritage, elegance and grace, with its muted hues suggesting old sepia photographs and its nice graphic elements. The site is well-organized and easy to navigate. Site design by Sozos Design.
- PInnacle HOA
- This site is using a customized version of the Empire theme by WooThemes.
- Druid Hills Civic Association
- This has always been one of my favorite website designs. It variously has been based on Expression Engine, Drupal, and now is on the WildApricot platform, a platform specifically dedicated to homeowner’s associations and civic clubs.
If your homeowners association or civic club can benefit from a web site — or a site redesign — just contact us!
Joni Mueller has been designing web sites for hire since 2003, when she first blew up her web host’s server by insisting on running Greymatter. Since then, Joni has designed for Blogger and Movable Type, TextPattern, WordPress and CMS Made Simple. She lives with her cat and shoe collection in a bucolic old section of Houston called Idylwood. For some strange reason, Joni likes to refer to herself in the third person. When she’s not working on web design, she’s ordering lawyers around. And blogging about it. Or both.