HOAs (Home Owners’ Associations) and civic clubs are usually on strict budgets and have to account to their boards and the residents they represent for every penny they spend. But consider how much time and energy your HOA or civic club could save if it just had an online presence.
Here are some common components of a typical HOA or civic club website:
- Downloadable Documents (such as current Bylaws and Deed Restrictions)
- Calendar of Events
- Ability to Pay Monthly or Annual Dues Online
- Monthly Newsletter Download and Distribution
- Amenities Available to the Residents and Rules on Using Them
- List of Current Elected and Appointed Officers, Directors, and Chairpersons
- Contact Form
- Social Media Contacts
- Private Members-Only Area (for such things as Board meeting minutes and membership directories)
Having any one or all of these elements in place will ensure that your residents are kept abreast of all relevant happenings in their neighborhood. This is especially important for new residents who naturally have a thousand questions about their new community. A handy clearinghouse for answers to such questions — coupled with a quick and easy way for them to reach out to their board — makes the board members’ lives a lot easier too.
Here are some examples of HOA and Civic Club websites we’ve built highlighting some of these features.